Last revised: September 16, 2020
Thank you for using GoMore!
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND LEGAL BASES
1.1. Information You Give Us
- Account information. When signing up, you are required to provide your full name, email, and a password. Processing of account information is necessary for the performance of the contract with you (GDPR article 6 (1) (b)).
- Mobile phone information. To perform any ridesharing or rental activity on our Platform, you will need to provide a mobile phone number that is verified by SMS. This is a way for us to authenticate your identity and create a trusted environment for other users. Processing of mobile phone information is based on GoMore’s legitimate interest in securing a trusted environment for all users (GDPR article 6 (1) (f)) and is necessary for the performance of the contract with you (GDPR article 6 (1) (b)).
- Profile information. GoMore asks you to provide other information in your user profile to increase the level of trust on our platform. This includes a picture of yourself and information about your date of birth, education, occupation, and a description about yourself. Processing of profile information is based on GoMore’s legitimate interest in securing a trusted environment for all users (GDPR article 6 (1) (f)).
- Identity authentication. When renting a car for the first time, you will need to be validated to rent on our platform. As a part of this we must verify your identity and whether you meet the requirements to rent on our platform. We may ask you to verify your identity through an authorised external service such as NemID as well as upload a picture of your face, pictures of your driver’s license, national identity card, national health insurance card, and/or passport. Pictures will be deleted after a year. Your personal identity number, provided via photos uploaded, may be used to handle customer, insurance, or criminal disputes that arise in a rental booking. It may also be used to check your public record of payment defaults as an extra security measure. Further, as an additional security measure, some users may be asked to provide a copy of a recent payslip. We check whether the user is employed with an income. GoMore deletes the payslip after it has been assessed and within 30 days but may make note of whether you are employed with an income. When renting a car as a renter, the owner may ask for a picture of your driver’s license taken via the GoMore app to verify that the person picking up the vehicle is the same as the person approved to rent by GoMore. Processing of the mentioned Identity authentication information is based on your consent (GDPR article 6 (1) (a) (non-sensitive information) and section 11 (2), paragraph 2 of the Danish Data Protection Act (social security number).
- Communications with GoMore and other Members. If you correspond with us via email or any other digital communication channels like SMS or WhatsApp, we may retain the content of your messages, your contact details, and our replies. We also keep copies of any messages you send through GoMore to other users. We may retain the information in the user content that you post on GoMore. GoMore has a legitimate interest in processing the mentioned personal data in order to help resolve issues between users or between GoMore and a user, generally improve our Customer Care, minimize inappropriate content on the Platform, or better understand how our users interact with the Platform in order to improve the product (GDPR article 6 (1) (f)).
- Personal information when ordering a leasing car. When ordering a leasing car through GoMore, you are asked to provide name and email (if not already a signed-in user), address, phone number, birthdate, driving record the past three years, and social security or national identity number. This is needed to complete the order with our leasing partners. The social security or national identity number is needed to perform a credit check. It is deleted one week after your online order is made. GoMore obtains your consent in order to perform a credit check (GDPR article 6 (1) (a). The other mentioned personal data obtained in order to lease a car is necessary for the performance of the leasing contract (GDPR article 6 (1) (b)) and necessary for compliance with legal obligations (GDPR article (1) (c)).
- Payment information. GoMore collects anonymized information that is linked to your personal payment information, which is stored by a third-party payment provider. By submitting your payment information, you authorize GoMore to access and use this information in order to pay on your behalf for the transaction. Our third-party payment provider also receives your email address for the purposes of helping us link payments to specific GoMore users. It also receives information related to your session when the payment was made, including the device IP address. This is used by our payment provider for the purposes of identifying high-risk and potentially fraudulent payments. If you remove a payment card from the Platform, GoMore retains the right to store the anonymized information that can identify the card with our payment provider. This is for the purpose of collecting debts owed to GoMore. If you delete your account with GoMore, we will delete all information related to payment cards within 180 days provided there is no debt associated with the closed GoMore account. If you delete your GoMore account and have debt with GoMore or debt arises within 180 days, we will retain payment information until 180 days have passed since the last debt collection was completed. Processing of payment information is necessary for the performance of the contract with you (GDPR article 6 (1) (b)) and necessary for compliance with a legal obligation (GDPR article 6 (1) (c)).
- Bank account information. In order to receive money from a GoMore transaction, we also require that you provide us with a valid bank account that we can transfer money into. Processing of bank account information is necessary for the performance of the contract with you (GDPR article 6 (1) (b)).
- Vehicle information. When registering a car that can be used for rental you must provide information about the car, including make and model, car registration number, the car’s address, and insurance status. You are also able to provide pictures and further descriptions of the car’s features in order to market your car to other users. When registering a car for ridesharing you can provide information about the make and model, car registration number, number of seats, and pictures of the car. Processing of vehicle information is necessary for the performance of the contract with you (GDPR article 6 (1) (b)) and GoMore’s legitimate interest in providing the best possible services on the platform (GDPR article 6 (1) (f)).
1.2. Information We Automatically Collect From Your Use of GoMore
Usage information. We collect information about your interactions with the app and website, such as pages or other content you view, your searches, transactions you have completed or intended to complete, and other actions on the platform. This data is stored in our database as well as shared with third party tools. We process the mentioned personal data due to our legitimate interest in generating insights about how users interact with the product, improve our products and services as well as provide users with customer support (GDPR article 6 (1) (f)).
Transaction information. We collect information related to your transactions on the platform, including the date and time, amounts charged, and other related transaction details. Processing of transaction information is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (GDPR article 6 (1) (b)).
Location information. We log the last two known IP addresses when you use GoMore. This information cannot identify users individually and is anonymous. We use the current location to improve searching for rental cars and ridesharing rides in the product. Your current IP address is also recorded when applying for renter approval to check for any suspicious behaviour. If you have enabled location sharing on your GoMore mobile app, we may also use more specific location information (e.g. location from your mobile GPS) for the purposes of helping you find your driver or rental car. Some car owners have their own GPS tracking installed in their car(s), which allows them to see a renter’s real-time location, speed, mileage or other related information that the tracking equipment produces during a rental. GoMore will not store or make use of information gathered by such GPS tracking devices.
1.3. Communication to users
Transaction messages. GoMore sends email, SMS messages and push notifications that contain information related to your bookings and transactions on the platform. This includes information about booking requests, booking confirmations, changes to your booking, or matches to ride alerts that you have created. You will receive these messages due to GoMore’s legitimate interest in providing you with the best possible services (GDPR article 6 (1) (f)) and in order to perform the contract with you (GDPR article 6 (1) (a)). The transaction messages will not contain any marketing material. Please see how you may opt-out in section 4 below.
Service messages. GoMore sends email, SMS messages and push notifications that contain information and news related to the company, our product, and our services to ensure that users have the latest information about how the platform works and how they can make best use of it. You will receive due to GoMore’s legitimate interest in providing you with the best possible services (GDPR article 6 (1) (f)) and in order to perform the contract with you (GDPR article 6 (1) (a)). The service messages will not contain any marketing material. Please see how you may opt-out in section 4 below.
1.4. Information About GoMore Keyless
1.4.1. Data we collect from a Keyless Device
- The Keyless device installed sends GoMore events about the status of the car’s location, mileage, fuel level, battery level, central locking system and immobilizer status.
- Invers stores historical data about their devices for 90 days and can be linked to your car’s registration number. No other personal details about your identity are shared with Invers.
- GoMore saves in its database for 28 days all information received from the device and Invers when the rental contract is being completed at the start or end of a rental and when a Keyless car owner is locking, unlocking or checking the location of their Keyless car from the app. The data stored includes, among other things, fuel level, mileage, and location.
1.4.2. How the data we collect from Keyless will be used
- The data provided by the Keyless device is used to enable Keyless rentals between renters and owners as well as for fraud detection and prevention and troubleshooting errors in the app. This information can be seen at any time by GoMore and Invers, the manufacturer of the hardware that is installed.
- GoMore employees authorized to access the Invers admin system will be able to retrieve the information provided by the Keyless device. This will only be done in connection with upcoming, active, or completed rental bookings where the information is needed to assist either the car owner or the renter.
- Where relevant, GoMore may share information received from the device with our insurance partner or the police if it is needed to aid in an insurance claim or criminal case.
- To help find the car before a confirmed rental booking starts, renters will have access in their app to the car’s real-time location 20 minutes before the start of an active rental booking. Car owner’s will not be able to see the car’s real-time location while a rental booking is ongoing. If a Keyless car is not returned to the car owner before the end of the agreed rental booking period, the car’s location, fuel level and mileage values will be made available to the car owner.
- Processing of the mentioned personal data collected from Keyless is necessary for the performance of the contract with you (GDPR article 6 (1) (b)) and necessary for compliance with a legal obligation (GDPR article 6 (1) (c)).
2. SHARING & DISCLOSURE
- Sharing between Users. To help facilitate bookings, when a booking is made, certain information will be shared between users, including your name, email and mobile phone number. If renting out your car, when a booking is made, we will also share the car registration number and the car’s address provided when uploading your car. We don’t share billing or payout information with other users.
- Sharing with other GoMore subsidiaries. Your data may be shared internally with another subsidiary of GoMore ApS in support of upcoming or previously resolved transactions on the platform.
- Profiles, Rides and Rentals Offered, and other Public Information. Parts of your public profile page, such as your first name and first letter of last name, personal description, education, occupation, age, and average response time on the platform are publicly visible to other users. If you rent out your car or offer a ride on our platform, information related to your ride or car will be publicly available. The ride or rental listing pages, will also show some information about you, including your name, car registration number, average response time and accept rate (rental only), and age (ridesharing only). If you remove information that you posted to GoMore, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or if other users have copied or saved that information. After completing a booking, users may write reviews and rate each other. Reviews are part of your public profile page.
- Insurance, Leasing, and Debt Collection Providers. GoMore may share your personal information, including name, address, mobile phone number, social security or national identity number, and information about your rental, ridesharing, or leasing activity on GoMore. These service providers provide services on our behalf or otherwise help provide the service to you. GoMore may also request and receive from these service providers information about the status of your payment, missing payment, or debt collection.
- External partnerships. We may share your name, email, telephone number, and rental, ridesharing, or leasing activity on the platform, in partnership with outside companies to provide you with additional services related to GoMore, for example, vouchers for refreshments at a gas station or a discount on a car wash.
- Data analysis tools. We may share information about your usage of the Platform with third party analytics that allow us to understand how users interact with the product as well as target the GoMore marketing communication that we send you.
- Widgets and Aggregators. In order to increase the chances of getting you a booking, we may display parts of the GoMore Platform (e.g. your ride or rental offering) on sites operated by GoMore’s business partners, including technologies such as widgets or API connections. If your ride or rental is displayed on a partner’s site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
- Safety & Compliance with Law. We may also share personal information if it is necessary to comply with any applicable law or regulation or enforce our Terms & Conditions, including to investigate any violations or suspicions of criminal behaviour.
- Aggregated Data. We may also aggregate and anonymize your personal information and share that anonymized and/or aggregated data with third parties. This information is non-personally identifiable and is used for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
3. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
3.1. Analyzing Your Communications
We may review or analyze your communications (including messages sent to other users, comments included in ride or rental descriptions, and content of profile page) on the platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, and customer support purposes. The processing of your personal data in this connection is based on our legitimate interest in developing our products, research and customer support (GDPR article 6 (1) (f) and in order to comply with our legal obligations (GDPR article 6 (1) (c)).
3.2. Data Retention
Following termination or deactivation of your account, GoMore may retain your information for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes, or to maintain and improve the service. Furthermore, GoMore may retain and continue to use all information (including user content) contained in your communications with other members or posted to public or semi-public areas of GoMore after termination or deactivation of your account.
3.3. Google Maps
4. YOUR CHOICES
4.1. Access and Update
You can review and change your account information at any time by logging onto your account and reviewing your account settings and user profile.
You can opt out from receiving SMS and push notifications on your mobile phone from your account settings. You can also opt out from receiving notification emails from GoMore that relate to receiving messages from other users, booking requests, matches to ride alerts. If you receive our marketing newsletter, you can unsubscribe from this in the unsubscribe link in the message or in your account settings.
4.3. Review and Delete Your Information
You may request in writing copies of your personal information held by us. We will provide you with a copy of the personal information held by us as soon as practicable, and in any event not more than 30 days after receiving a valid request in writing. We may request proof of identification to verify your identity and validate the request. If your personal information that we hold is inaccurate, let us know and we will update the relevant information. You may also request the erasure of your personal information in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation. We will notify you within 30 days of your valid request about the relevant action taken.
We are continuously implementing and updating our security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access. Specifically, we do the following to protect you: Before storing your password, we apply a cryptographically secure hashing algorithm to it. This means that even in the event of data theft from our servers, your password is safe. We only use industry standard encryption algorithms and well-tested code libraries. Our database, as well as all our application servers, run on Amazon Web Services (AWS), and we rely on Amazon’s physical and infrastructure security measures.
Magnus Ladulåsgatan 3
118 63 Stockholm
You may lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal data infringes applicable data law. Contact details for all EU Supervisory Authorities can be found here.